- Carol M. Giuriceo, Director, Rhode Island STEAM Center, Rhode Island College
- Vic Fay-Wolfe, Professor, Computer Science, University of Rhode Island
- Holly Walsh, College & Career Readiness, Rhode Island Department of Education
Other CS Education Resources
- The State of Computer Science in Rhode Island
- CS Education Professional Development Opportunities in Rhode Island
- Rhode Island K-12Computer Science Education Standards (includes Toolkit and Interactive Table aligned to program providers)
CS Education Organizations
- CS4RI - A state initiative launched in 2016 by the Office of Governor Gina Raimondo which serves as the backbone of a coalition of partners including state agencies, Department of Education, K-12 schools, higher education, private industry and non-profits.
- Computer Science Teachers Association – Rhode Island (CSTA-RI)
- PrepareRI - A state initiative that provides Rhode Island students with the advanced skills they need for today’s in-demand jobs.
- University of Rhode Island (URI) - A Code.org Regional Partner and the designated provider of Code.org Professional Learning Programs in Rhode Island. Member of CS4RI Coalition.
- Rhode Island STEAM Center - Rhode Island’s primary educational hub and resource, established to increase interest in and advancement of STEAM. Member of CS4RI Coalition.
- New England Broadening Participation Computing Metrics Project, 2020 (Participating state)
- CSTA New England Regional Conference, October 2018 (Hosted by CS4RI and CSTA-RI)
- Awarded Annual CS Educator Award, 2019,2020
- Designed pre-service CS teacher program (implementation delayed due to Covid-19)
- Created computer science Department of Education endorsement for in-service teachers, 2020
- Implemented of $3.5M Department of Education, multi-year EIR grant to establish CS pathways in RI high schools and study the effect of work-based learning on students’ CS learning and attitudes, 2019-present
- Developed workshops for K-12 school districts to create CS Implementation Plans, 2019-present
- Implemented SCRIPT (School CSforALL Resource & Implementation Planning Tool) Workshops, 2018
- Organized statewide experts to develop the Rhode Island K-12 Computer Science Education Standards with companion toolkit, 2018
- Convened annual student-focused CS Summits (2016, 2017, 2018,2019)